- WHEN TO KEEP YOUR STUDENT HOME:
- Any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing
- Students should stay at home when they have a fever of 100° F or higher or any of the symptoms related to COVID-19. Students should also stay home if any member of their household is registering a fever of 100° F or higher or any of the symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Any student that has the following symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home from school and should call or see their physician to be assessed for COVID-19:
- Two of the following symptoms: fever, chills, body aches, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Any of the above symptoms and exposure to a known case of COVID-19
- Someone that lives in your household is waiting on test results for COVID-19 testing.
Quarantine & Isolation Definitions:
Quarantine -A well person who has been exposed should quarantine. They should isolate from others in the home during quarantine.
Two options for quarantine UPDATED 12/3/2020:
- Lasts 10 days, if you have been exposed to a person who tested positive, stay home. Limit contact with those outside your household. Exposed person should “isolate” from others in the home. Protect those in home that could become severely ill.
2.Quarantine for 7 days, BUT students must have a negative test result turned into the school office. This test must be performed after at least 5 days of exposure. Also limit contact with those outside your household. Exposed person should “isolate” from others in the home. Protect those in home that could become severely ill.
Isolate - There are three categories for isolation
- A person who isolates has tested positive for COVID- 19.
- Persons who have been exposed to a positive person.
- Those awaiting results of COVID-19 testing for themselves or with whom they have been in contact.
Exposed - if you were within 6 feet of someone for a total of 15 minutes without masks on- 2 days before they test positive.
Testing- The person being tested should isolate and the rest of the family members in the household should quarantine until test results are received.