St Joseph Athletic Boosters will award two Athletic Boosters Scholarships, a one-time $500 scholarship to student-athletes in recognition of athletic participation, team contributions, and commitment.
The recipient may or may not be a team’s best athlete; however, he/she has shown exceptional enthusiasm, participation, effort, spirit, and dedication in representing St Joseph Consolidated School through athletics.
- Applicants must have a minimum of three complete seasons of participation in an SJCS sponsored sport. At least one of those seasons should have occurred in the seventh or eighth grade year.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing
- Applicants must be a current eight grader
- Applicants must have a good disciplinary record with SJCS
- Applicants must have been accepted to a Catholic High School.
- Athletic participation - performing to the best of one’s abilities
- Leadership - leading by example, being a positive role model, and exhibiting good sportsmanship
- Contribution to the team - being a team player and helping teammates to improve
- Commitment to excellence - putting in extra work, being dedicated, and striving to be well-prepared
REQUIRED SELECTION MATERIALS:
- Completed scholarship application (download from St Joseph website)
- Essay explaining how your participation in SJCS sports has positively impacted your life. Include life lessons you have learned from coaches, teammates, etc.
- All selection materials are due via email to [email protected] no later than 3:00 p.m. on Friday, May 6, 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Applications will be evaluated without applicants’ names.
- The scholarship recipients will be announced at the eighth grade graduation ceremony on Wednesday, May 25, 2022.
- The monetary award will be made to each recipient following verification of acceptance and enrollment deposit at any Catholic High School.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 3:00 P.M. on FRIDAY, MAY 6, 2022